ISO 14047:2014 – Greenhouse gases -- Carbon footprint of products
Customers, consumers and shareholders are increasingly concerned with the environmental impact of the activities, products and services they consume. This may be a challenge, but it is also an opportunity. Carbon footprint verification enables you to demonstrate your environmental responsibility, stand out from the competition and show existing and potential customers proof of your commitment.
Your organization can demonstrate its commitment to reducing the impact of its daily operations on the environment with carbon footprint analysis by meeting the developing ISO 14067 standard.
The new standard builds largely on the existing ISO standards for life cycle assessments (ISO 14040/44) and environmental labels and declarations (ISO 14025) and is planned to be published by March 2012. It currently bears Committee Draft (CD) status, implying that the main provisions have been set and commenting is now taking place on a per-country basis.
PAS 2050 is a seed document for ISO 14067. Give your organization a competitive advantage; implement PAS 2050 with SGS and it will be easier to adopt ISO 14067 once it is released.
We also perform audits against additional, bespoke environmental performance criteria. We can either help your organization to develop the performance criteria and the checklist or simply check performance against existing measures covering your operations and your supplier network.
HELPS YOU WITH
BS ISO 14047 is for any organization, government or business looking to assess their water footprint in a credible, transparent way. Water footprint results can be calculated for products, processes or organizations.
- Boost your company’s reputation by assessing its carbon footprint and reducing environmental damage
- Use water footprinting to enhance sustainability and increase resilience
- Identify the potential impacts related to water use
- Decrease water usage and cut costs
- Reliably report carbon footprint results
- Improve carbon emission management locally, regionally and globally
BS ISO 14047 is for any organization, government or business looking to assess their carbon footprint in a credible, transparent way. Water footprint results can be calculated for products, processes or organizations.
When applying ISO 14047, societal, environmental, legal, cultural, political and organizational
diversity should be considered, as well as differences in economic conditions.
BENEFITS OF ISO 14047
- it provides requirements and guidelines for the quantification and communication of a CFP;
- it facilitates communication along the value chain;
- it increases consumer awareness and emphasises how consumer choices contribute towards
- climate change;
- it was developed via stakeholder consensus, based on existing and widely accepted international
CHANGING INDUSTRY LANDSCAPE AND CUSTOMER NEEDS
The industry landscape is always changing. These changes have impacts to your customer needs and require the evolution of your management system. Considerations include:
- Changing Regulatory Needs
- Global Outsourcing
- Evolving Customer Requirements
- Shorter Delivery Deadlines
- Integrity Threats in the Supply Chain
- Legal Compliance
HOW CAN WE HELP
With a wealth of experience providing accredited management systems consultancy, We are ideally placed to partner with you to meet customer requirements and exceed industry expectations.
Technical committees and industry relationships.
We are highly involved in a wide variety of industry committees and standards writing teams, helping us to maintain a keen awareness of changes within this industry.
Knowledge transfer supporting our customer’s organizational strategy.
We are committed to ensuring customer awareness regarding changes in industry strategy, regulations, and standard requirements that may impact your management system approach.
GET IN TOUCH
Fill out our free Contact form today and someone will get back to you within 24-28 hours or call +65 8502-8685 to speak to a member of our team about your certification requirements.