ISO/IEC 20000 is an international standard that allows organizations to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in IT service management. The standard allows IT service provider organizations to achieve conformance to a service management system which requires them to continually improve their delivery of IT services. ISO/IEC 20000 was first released in 2005 and is now at the second edition.
It aligns to the IT infrastructure library (ITIL®) best practice framework.The adoption of ISO 20000 has grown rapidly in the international arena for both internal and external IT service providers and it has become a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services.
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard specifically for IT Service Management. It describes an integrated set of management processes which form a service management system for the effective delivery of services to the business and its customers.
ISO/IEC 20000 is aligned with and complementary to the process approach defined within ITIL.
ISO/IEC 20000 consists of several parts:
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (Part 1) is the formal specification and defines the requirements for a service management system. The scope includes:
- General requirements for a service management system
- Design and transition of new or changed services
- Service delivery process
- Relationship processes
- Resolution processes
- Control processes
- ISO/IEC 20000-2:2012 (Part 2) Provides guidance on the application of service management systems, including best practices for service management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1.
- ISO/IEC TR 20000-3 (Part 3) contains guidance on scope definition and applicability of Part 1.
Various other parts supplement these three with guidance and information on specific aspects and uses of the standard.
HELPS YOU WITH
(INDIVIDUALS) Foundation and Practitioner
- Understand the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 standard and ITSM and use best practices in ITSM to apply appropriate methods within an organization.
- Understand, identify and explain the potential issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scoping to assist in certification readiness assessment and certification audits as well as advising on the implementation of continual improvement processes.
- Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan.
- Describe the scope, aims and use of the ISO/IEC 20000 specification and code of practice, through an understanding of the roles of the component parts of the standard.
- Recognize the need to plan and implement ITSM processes, report on the IT services and major metrics of the ITSM processes, schedule and conduct regular reviews, assessments and audits and plan for continual service improvement.
- Become certified as an ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor.
- Establish an on-going culture of continual improvement and learning within an organization, providing a target to achieve and maintain. This leads to continual improvement in the quality of IT services provided and increased business and customer confidence in the service provider and their ability to deliver.
- Ensure that organizations focus on the implementation of a set of integrated processes and solutions that are appropriate, suitable and effective in meeting the needs of the business processes, the customers and the users they serve.
- Increase the rate of change and the productivity of staff and the use of their skills and expertise. This in turn leads to reduced long-term costs and a reduced risk of being unable to meet business objectives.
- Enable organizations to adopt a structured approach to service management based on best practice guidance, allowing them to better understand their business and their needs, their roles and their processes. This leads to an improved reputation, relationships, inter-working and communication with their business and customer contacts.
- Enable organizations to internally assess their processes and activities against international standards as a method of identifying and implementing improvements.
- To be independently, externally audited for compliance using a scheme and standard that is internationally recognized and respected.
HOW CAN WE HELP
With a wealth of experience providing accredited management systems consultancy, We are ideally placed to partner with you to meet customer requirements and exceed industry expectations.
Technical committees and industry relationships.
We are highly involved in a wide variety of industry committees and standards writing teams, helping us to maintain a keen awareness of changes within this industry.
Knowledge transfer supporting our customer’s organizational strategy.
We are committed to ensuring customer awareness regarding changes in industry strategy, regulations, and standard requirements that may impact your management system approach.
GET IN TOUCH
Fill out our free Contact form today and someone will get back to you within 24-28 hours or call +65 8502-8685 to speak to a member of our team about your certification requirements.